- www.psycheducation.org (Resources for Depression and Bi-Polar)
- www.bipolarworld.net (Resources specifically for Bi-Polar Disorder)
- www.nimh.nih.gov (National Institute of Mental Health)
- www.recoveryzone.com (Access to Information and Self-Tests About Sex Addiction)
- www.sexhelp.com (Gateway site for a variety of information about Sex Addiction)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSF82AwSDiU Gary Wilson TED Talk on Porn
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRJ_QfP2mhU Ran Gavrieli TED Talk on Porn
12 Step Groups
- www.saa-recovery.org (Sex Addicts Anonymous)
- www.sa.org (Sexaholics Anonymous)
- www.sanon.org (SAnon is for family members of Sex Addicts)
- www.slaafws.org (Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous)
- www.904true.org (Faithful and True)
- www.aa.org (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- www.al-anon.org (Al-Anon is for family members of Alcoholics)
- www.cos-recovery.org (Co-Dependents of Sexual Addiction)
- www.recovering-couples.org (Recovering Couples Anonymous)
- www.ptsd.va.gov (Information about PTSD specifically aimed at Veterans)
- www.drsuejohnson.com (EFT and “Hold Me Tight” Resources)
- www.eft.ca (More resources for EFT)
- Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction – Patrick Carnes, PhD
- Facing the Shadow: Starting Sexual and Relationship Recovery – Patrick Carnes, PhD
- Cruise Control: Understanding Sex Addiction in Gay Men – Robert Weiss
- The Porn Trap: The Essential Guide to Overcoming Problems Caused by Pornography - Wendy Maltz, LCSW & Larry Maltz, LCSW
- Moving Beyond Betrayal: The 5-Step Boundary Solution for Partners of Sex Addicts – Vicki Tidwell Palmer (To be released May 2016)
- www.DearPeggy.com Extramarital Affairs Resource Center
- Intimate Treason: Healing the Trauma for Partners Confronting Sex Addiction - Claudia Black, Cara Tripodi
- Deceived: Facing Sexual Betrayal, Lies and Secrets – Claudia Black, Ph.D.
- Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts – Stefanie Carnes, Mari Lee, Anthony Rodriguez
- Mending a Shattered Heart: A Guide for Partners of Sex Addicts – Edited by Stefanie Carnes, Ph.D.
- Your Sexually Addicted Spouse – Barbara Steffens, PhD and Marsha Means, MA
For Codependence and Love Addiction:
- Facing Codependence: What it is, Where it Comes From, How it Sabotages our Lives – Pia Mellody
- Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself – Melody Beattie
- Facing Love Addiction: Giving Yourself the Power to Change the Way You Love – Pia Mellody
Sexual Addiction/Compulsivity Reousrces:
The online assessments and screening tests offered below are not a definitive determination of the presence of sexual addiction or compulsivity. If you are concerned that you may have a sexual addiction, you are advised to seek a professional specifically trained to treat sex addiction for a comprehensive evaluation.
- Am I a Sex Addict?
- Take the Internet Sex Screening Test
- Take the Sexual Addiction Screening Test (SAST
- Take the Sexual Addiction Risk Assessment (SARA)
- Take the Sexual Addiction Risk Assessment (SARA)
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health
- Gentle Path Press
Twelve Step Resources:
- COSA 12-Step Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts
- Recovering Couples Anonymous (RCA)
- Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA)
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Debtors Anonymous (DA)
- Infidelity Survivors Anonymous
Resources and Links:
The following are resources that we and our clients have found helpful. Many of the books can be ordered easily by clicking on the cover photograph.
Couples and Relationships
Hold me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love.
Dr. Sue Johnson, 2008. An excellent introduction to Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy.
Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships.
Dr. Sue Johnson, 2013. The latest scientific research on how and why we love.
www.iceeft.com – The official website for Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy. Contains links to the scientific research on the efficacy of this therapy. University of Ottawa, Canada
www.Gottman.com – The Gottman Institute is a great source of scientifically validated methods for improving your relationship.
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
Dr. John M. Gottman and Nan Silver, 1999.
Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead Hardcover.
by Brene Brown, 2012.
The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are.
Daniel Siegel, M.D., 2012.
Healing from an Affair
After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful.
Dr. Janis Abrams Spring and Michael Spring, 2012.
“Not Just Friends”: Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity After Infidelity.
Shirley P. Glass, PhD with Jean Coppock Staeheli, 2003.
Getting Past the Affair: A Program to Help You Cope, Heal, and Move On – Together or Apart
Douglas K. Snyder, Ph.D., Donald H. Baucom, Ph.D., and Kristina Koop Gordon, Ph.D., 2007.
How To Help Your Spouse Heal from an Affair: A Compact Manual for the Unfaithful
Linda J. MacDonald, MS, LMFT, 2010.
Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction.
Patrick Carnes, Ph.D., 3rd Edition, 2001.
“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy.”
– Brene Brown